New Payment Channel for One-time EFT Payments
On Monday, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois & Texas launched a new payment channel for members to make a one-time “check by phone” or online electronic funds transfer (EFT) payment. We have contracted with Alactriti, a third party vendor, to use their automated electronic bill and payment solution, OrbiPay®, to accept one-time payments by bank draft through an automated toll-free phone system as well as a simple Web solution that does not require logging in to Blue Access for Members(BAM).
There are two options for members to make a one-time payment:
- The phone option allows members to call the OrbiPay payment line 24/7 directly, toll-free at 877-433-3755.
- Members calling BCBSTX Customer Service will hear a message about their payment options. If they select “pay by check” the call will be routed to OrbiPay.
- If they select “pay by card” they will be routed to our credit card processing vendor at 866-654-8569, where they can make debit and credit card payments.
- The OrbiPay web solution can be found at bcbsil.com/payment-options. Members will log in with their 9-digit member ID number and their ZIP code.
- This information will pull the member’s record and allow the payment to be applied directly to the account.
- The payment will be posted within 24 hours, and the member will receive confirmation of payment receipt.
The member will receive a confirmation number and can choose to have confirmation sent to them via email.
With this new payment option, BCBSIL & BCBSTX will no longer offer the Bill Pay Triage Unit phone number (800-792-8595). The unit will be discontinued by the end of the month.
Members will still need to speak with a BCBSIL or BCBSTX Customer Advocate or log in to BAM to set up recurring monthly bank drafts.
Payments through OrbiPay should only be made on active accounts. If a member’s policy is cancelled but within their reinstatement period, please contact Customer Service directly.