Ask Me 3 Make Talking with Your Doctor Easier
Are you shy about asking your doctor, nurse or pharmacist questions? Don’t be. You may be surprised to learn that your medical team wants you to let them know that you need help.
That’s where Ask Me 3™ can help. Every time you talk with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist, use these questions to better understand your health:
1. What is my problem?
2. What do I need to do?
3. Why is it important for me to do this?
When to ask questions
You can ask questions when:
· You see your doctor, nurse or pharmacist
· You prepare for a medical test or procedure
· You get your medicine
What if I ask and still don’t understand?
· Let your doctor, nurse or pharmacist know if you still don’t understand what you need to do.
· You might say, “This is new to me. Will you please explain that to me one more time?”
Tips for clear health communication
· Remember to use the Ask Me 3 questions each time you talk with your health care team.
· Bring a friend or family member to help at your doctor visit.
· Make a list of your health concerns to tell your doctor or nurse.
· Bring a list of medicines to your doctor visit.
· Ask your pharmacist for help when you have questions about your medicines.
Lifestyles for Healthy Living